We would like to monitor how you interact with this website so we may continue to improve it.
Welcome to The BIS!
Located in Hartlepool’s Innovation and Skills Quarter, the beautifully restored former Post Office (GPO) building has taken on new life as the town’s centre for creative start-ups. The BIS is a managed workspace, run by Hartlepool Borough Council comprising 28 units; these include studio, office and workshop spaces, ranging from 13sqm to 172sqm.
The facility offers flexible, stepped, rental terms, competitive prices, and access to specialist business support.
Both tenants and visitors to The BIS can benefit from a range of high spec facilities, including:
- A variety of Office, Workshop, and Studio Spaces.
- Two Fully Equipped Meeting/Conference Rooms available to hire.
- Comprehensive WiFi Coverage.
- Monitored CCTV and Alarm System.
- “The Atrium” – Social Space.
- Disabled Access.
- Private and public parking.
Award Winning Renovation
This Northern Renaissance style, Grade II listed, building has seen life as both a Post Office and a nightclub; however, since its renovation in 2019, it has begun the next chapter in its life as a creative business hub. Since the renovation, the BIS has won multiple awards:
- RTPI Awards for Planning Excellence 2021– Winner
- RIBA North East Award 2021—Winner
- RTPI North East Awards for Planning Excellence 2020—Winner
- LABC Building Excellence Awards 2020—Regional Winner
- RICS Social Impact Awards 2020—Winner
How to Find Us
Address: 13-17 Whitby Street, Hartlepool, TS24 7AD
Reception opening hours:
Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5pm
Friday 8.30 – 4.30pm
Tenants have 24/7 building access.
Telephone: (01429) 363150
Facebook: The BIS Hartlepool