We would like to monitor how you interact with this website so we may continue to improve it.
Hartlepool Inclusive Growth Strategy 2022- 2025 sets out the town’s economic priorities and targets for growth in coming years.
The strategy has been developed by Hartlepool Borough Council’s Economic Growth Team together with the Hartlepool Economic Growth, Regeneration & Tourism Forum and input from local businesses and stakeholders.
It draws on data and economic insights to understand the current health of Hartlepool’s economy in areas such as business survival rates, employment, education, skills and productivity.
The strategy focusses on three distinct themes – developing people, developing business and developing place – and includes the following ten-point delivery plan.
- Development of a “Production Village” creative quarter in the area around the Northern Film and TV Studios in Lynn Street, on the site of the Northern School of Art.
- An action plan to support creative sector businesses.
- A targeted support strategy for Hartlepool businesses.
- Development of sites and premises for business accommodation.
- Learning and skills initiatives.
- Raising the confidence and aspirations of young people.
- Supporting and developing social enterprises.
- Supporting healthy workforces.
- Developing a vision and place brand for Hartlepool.
- Strengthening the town’s tourism offer.
In addition to the strategy, an action plan has been developed to provide further details on the specific projects and initiatives that will deliver the ten-point plan.
A full version of the draft strategy and action plan can be downloaded using the link below.