We would like to monitor how you interact with this website so we may continue to improve it.
The BIS is the home of creativity in Hartlepool.
Hartlepool business units are available to rent at this beautifully restored former Post Office (GPO) building, which is home to creative industry sector business start-ups. The business managed workspace is located on Whitby Street, close to Hartlepool’s town centre and Hartlepool Train Station. Please contact The BIS for business units enquiries, details below.
Award Winning Building!
The BIS is an award winning Hartlepool business property which celebrates the regeneration transformation of this grade II listed building through numerous awards, including:
- RTPI Award 2021 for Excellence in Planning for a Successful Economy
- RTPI North East Award for Planning Excellence 2020
- LABC Northern Building Excellence Awards winners of the Best change of use of an existing building
- RIBA North East Awards shortlisted for an award
- RICS Social Impact Award winner of the Heritage Award
How to find us
Our address: 13-17 Whitby Street, Hartlepool, TS24 7AD.
Reception opening hours:
Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5pm
Friday 8.30 – 4.30pm
Studio units holders have access to the building 24/7.
There is limited free parking available to the rear of the building. Guests can only access this during reception opening hours. Pay and Display Parking is available on surrounding streets or in the public car park next to the building. This is accessible from Dover Street, next to Hodgsons on Whitby Street.
The BIS Team
Tel: (01429) 363150
Facebook: The BIS Hartlepool