We would like to monitor how you interact with this website so we may continue to improve it.
Are you considering starting your own business, expanding your current business or relocating your business to Hartlepool?
If so, you may be eligible for grant support and other assistance from Hartlepool Borough Council and its partner organisations.
Depending on your business and proposed project, Hartlepool Borough Council can offer grants up to a maximum of £10,000 depending on eligibility.
Examples of the types of projects eligible for grant support include:
- Capital investment in plant and equipment essential to operation of the business
- Business premises improvement (i.e. new signage, internal/external improvements, security)
- Business process improvement – the project will need to demonstrate value added and could include efficiencies in business processes / consultancy to support improvement / digital improvement.
- Administration and set-up costs (i.e. legal, financial, survey)
- Job creation or retention
- Relocation costs of business moving to Hartlepool
- Business rates relief
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate one or more of the following eligibility criteria:
- At least 50% private sector leverage to support overall project costs
- Projected business growth
- Business relocation to Hartlepool
- Employment opportunities for Hartlepool residents
- Job safeguarding in Hartlepool
If you have a project in mind that you would like to discuss or if you simply would like more information on the financial assistance available to your business, please contact us and a member of the team will be in touch.
For the latest financial assistance and business grant news please click here.
Get in touch with the Economic Growth Team at Hartlepool Borough Council to arrange an initial discussion and explore the support opportunities available to your business.
Telephone: (01429) 867677
Business Mailing List: Sign up for the Hartlepool business mailing list here.