We would like to monitor how you interact with this website so we may continue to improve it.
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) - Growth Fund
The UK Government’s Additional Restrictions Grant scheme provides local authorities with grant funding to support businesses in their recovery from the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.
Government has given local authorities discretion for how to allocate this resource and it is therefore a discretionary scheme.
The Council has allocated Additional Restrictions Grants to support a number of business support programmes over the past year. The Additional Restrictions Growth Fund is a newly launched fund to assist businesses with investment and growth and help to re-build the local economy. Further details in terms of the eligible projects and criteria can be found below.
Additional Restrictions Grant – Growth Fund
Grants of up to £10,000 are available to support local businesses impacted by covid-19 that are now looking to invest for growth.
Please note, in order to apply businesses MUST occupy a business premises and be registered for business rates.
Eligible growth projects include:
- Capital investment in plant and equipment essential to operation of the business
- Business premises improvement (i.e. new signage, internal/external improvements, security)
- Business process improvement – the project will need to demonstrate value added and could include efficiencies in business processes / consultancy to support improvement / digital improvement.
- Administration and set-up costs (i.e. legal, financial, survey)
- Job creation or retention
- Relocation costs of business moving to Hartlepool
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate one or more of the following eligibility criteria:
- At least 50% private sector leverage to support overall project costs
- Projected business growth
- Business relocation to Hartlepool
- Employment opportunities for Hartlepool residents
- Job safeguarding in Hartlepool
If you have a project you would like to discuss with the team, please contact us on 01429 867677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the team will be in touch to arrange a meeting to discuss your project further.